Monday 4 May 2015

The Egyptian holiday diet

This week I haven't posted as I've been away in Egypt....which is lovely!!! Boiling!!! And Beautiful!!! However....I was dreading the all inclusive sweet treats that I wouldn't be able to say no to (will power 0) as when you're on holiday you 'deserve' it....something I genuinely believe!!! 

I was also not looking forward to all my hard work disappearing in such a short space of time. Little did I know the amazing looking cakes and pastries were nothing more than amazing looking....the taste was disappointing to say the least....instead of moan I was SO happy!! It meant I couldn't stuff my face with pudding at every meal! Perfect! The tastiest thing they served was salad! So me and my leaves have had a very good week!!! I have had to steer clear of the fresh pancakes as much as possible but had 2 days with them for breakfast as I didn't want to be too strict! 

Water has been so needed and I think drinking 6 litres a day has made a huge difference to water retention so I'll try and keep up when I get home!

Don't get me wrong there's been ice creams and a couple of pizza's but on the whole the slightly questionable Egyptian buffet has kept me on track! I did bring my protein shakes for breakfast and the heat has definitely made me less hungry but I think it's been quite a successful week!!! And I feel much better than my usual post holiday body! Only the scales will tell but the moral of the story is.....holiday in Egypt where the puddings are a non-event! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment